The Daily Diet--news you can loose

A chronicle of our personal quest to loose weight

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm Back!

I'm Back and I'm Back. First I had to re-route myself to use the blog. This took 2 days. Second, after a very weird week last week, I feel like I am really on track again this week- a pot of "YOU" soup going in the crock pot (from "YOU on a Diet" as commented by pureassnow) and a perfect workout schedule week-to-date (including this AM which involved 3 attempts to get thru the drifts in my drive to go do a weights workout with my exercise partner).

But first: Congratulation to 10-8 and to pureassnow for excellent progress! Hopefully you are both experiencing some of the momentum that comes from making great progress. It always seems to me that it's the very best fuel for keeping you on track.

To report my numbers from this weeks weigh in: 10/4/2 ( I think that's right- total to lose, total last week, total so far). Last weeks lose was surely the fault of the flu that I experienced at the end of the week. I had one of the worst work out schedules I have had in ages and was only okay in the food department. Never mind, I got rid of the 2 pounds I'd gained the week before plus two- and, since the scales have said the same thing for 3 days running, I believe it is real.

When I am having a successful week food-wise, I am always aware that it has a lot to do with having a "food plan"- a big pot of soup put together at the beginning of the week, some kind of pasta or rice dish that will cover a couple of nights, a big container of salad mix made up and ready to add to and fresh fruit in the fridge- the good stuff has got to be SO easy to get to that I will not have any excuse to tear the cupboards apart grazing on the junk.

That's my "news you can use" for today. Stay warm.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger 10-8-ious said…

    Great Job Blondie! glad to hear you are Back (and back)! I think it's okay to slip and go off plan for a bit - it reminds us we are human -- and I sometimes think that doing that then jolts our bodies our of a rut and off a platua (that's my justification for being "bad" once in a while.

    Like yesterday! I am trying to sell my house and put out a bowl of cashews on the counter to look invtiting to prospective buyers - accept that by the end of the day I had eaten the ENTIRE bowl-- Okay - the empty wine glasses are going to have to be inviting enough -- I obviously can't leave real food out!

    Weighed in today and am VERY pleased to report that I made my mini-goal of 6 lbs by Valentines! :) Just by the skin of my teeth - but I did make it. So I'm a 17/6.2/.8 (total to lose/total lost/total this week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home