The Daily Diet--news you can loose

A chronicle of our personal quest to loose weight

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Slow Start

I'm using Wednesday as my weigh in day so here I am at bedtime Tuesday night.... worrying. I would say I had a so-so week: started back on my exercise routine but didn't quite make my weekly goal. Somewhere along the way I strained a muscle in my butt and had to lay low for 2 days, I have not been eating everything in the house that is not tied down, but I have not been eating fruits and veggies for my snacks- the nuts and crackers still win out. Safe to say that I am easing my way back to good habits.

The muscle strain recovered way faster than I feared and I was able to do some weights this morning and am planning on trying out the treadmill (something I have been avoiding all winter) tomorrow morning. From Sweat Pea's list of suggestions I am going stock up on oranges and grapefruit and plan on "one a day". I know when I'm in the groove and when I'm not, and I'm not there yet. If the Diet Fairy would take a pound off the digital read tomorrow morning it might just give me the jump start I need. I'll hold my breath or click my heels three times or something like that. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous ivan@creativwriting.ca said…

    Slow start indeed.

    I am back to normal weight, but it came from a divorce and walking the streets like a mad man.

    Hey, extreme dieting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home